1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
GODEMEYER BLUM LENZE Patent Attorneys Partnership mbB,
An den Gärten 7
Telephone: +49 2206-9026-0
Fax: +49 2206-902626
The data protection officer of WERKPATENT can be reached at the above mentioned address, attention Mr. Dr. Thomas Godemeyer, or T.Godemeyer@werkpatent.de.
If you do not agree with the data collection and processing described below for accesses from the Internet, please leave this website, do not upload any other part of our website to your computer and do not contact us via email. Because the data collection and data storage takes place automatically.
WERKPATENT takes the protection of your personal data seriously. We process personal data, which are collected when visiting our website, in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations. Your data will neither be published by us nor passed on to third parties without authorization.
In the following we explain the following points:
- Type and scope of data collection and processing for access from the Internet
- Use and disclosure of personal data
- Consent to further use by sending emails
- Links to websites of other providers
- Right to information and contact details
2. Data collection and processing for access from the Internet
When you visit our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which the access takes place (referrer-URL),
- used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of our website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6, para. 1 sentence 1 lit.f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
3. Disclosure of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below will not take place.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given your express consent (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1, lit. a GDPR )
- disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1, lit. f GDPR is required to obtain property rights within and outside the EU, assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 c GDPR the disclosure is a legal obligation, as well
- permitted by law and pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit.b GDPR is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
In the cookie information is stored, each resulting in connection with the specific terminal used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed through cookies is required for said purposes to protect our legitimate interests as well as third parties pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1, lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or always a hint appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all features of our website.
5. Google Analysis Tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures to be used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
- i) Google Analytics1
For the purpose of customizing and continually optimizing our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.com/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA in; 94043 Following “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type / version,
- used operating system,
- Referrer-URL (the previously visited website),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the activities on the website and to provide other services related to the use of the website and the internet for the purpose of market research and the need-based design of these websites. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data by order. Under no circumstances your IP address will be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case not all functions of this website may be fully used.
In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt -out cookie will be set which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt -out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt -out cookie again.
For more information about privacy in the context of Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center ( https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245 ? Hl = DE ).
- ii) GoogleAdwordsConversionTracking
In order to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our website, we also use Google conversion tracking. In doing so, Google Adwords will set a cookie (see fig./point 4) on your computer, provided that you have reached our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the website of the Adwords customer and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Each advertiser receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot be tracked through the websites of advertisers. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. The Adwords customers know the total number of users who have clicked on their ad and have been directed to a Conversion tracking tag website. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users.
6. Consent for further use
The use of certain offers that may be offered on our website, such as electronic newsletters or forums, will require WERKPATENT’s prior registration and further processing of personal data; for example, a longer-term storage of email addresses, user IDs and passwords. The use of such data only takes place if you have forwarded these to us and agreed to use them in advance.
With the exception of the possibility to contact us via email, we do not currently offer any such offers. Personal data that you submit by email will be stored by WERKPATENT and used to process the email according to its intended purpose. WERKPATENT does not wish to receive unsolicited advertising and other similar offers.
Should we make any other offers on the Internet in the future, the relevant conditions for the protection of personal data will be published here or in connection with the access to the respective new offer.
WERKPATENT implements technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data managed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
8. Links to websites of other providers
9. Affected rights
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us.In particular, you can provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categoriesof recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a Complaint right, the origin of their data, if not collected fromus, and the existence of automated decision-making,includingprofilingand, where appropriate,meaningful information about their details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the correction of incorrect or completed personal data stored by us immediately;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims ;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you, however, need these data for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR your once granted consent to revoke against us at any time.As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- according to Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority.As a rule, you cancontactthe supervisory authority of your usual place of residence orworkplace or our office.
10. right to object
If your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1, point f GDPR are processed, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR , provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.